Monday, October 20, 2014

Well, Hello Again!

I started typing up some long post to update you on everything that's happened in my hiatus - but I got bored in the middle - so now that post is on hold.

Instead, let's try something a little different, shall we? 

So I had what I thought was a brilliant idea, because I do this all the time but just never make a post about it. At least once a week I plan to choose a store, usually one that I like (but if this goes well, who knows! maybe I'll just do ALL THE STORES), to review....sort of.

The plan is thus:
      + I'll make a post per store.
      + Within the items of that store, I'll break it down by trend and article of clothing.
      + In each of those I'll point out the best items of clothing from that store and explain why I liked
         those most.
      + Hopefully at the end of every article I can post some example outfits, and ideally at some point
         I'll show you how to get the look for less.
      + I'll also tell you a little how I feel about this company, or whatever, and possibly tell you why              or why not I think you should shop there. (Seriously though, just wear what you want! If there's
         anything I believe, it's that the only thing that matters about your clothing is how amazing you
         feel in them!)

Brief update then, instead of that long-ass article I started to write:
      + Forever 21 didn't go so well for me, unfortunately. 
         Loved the Visual Assistant job, but a couple of my coworkers didn't love me. They tried to
         bully, I was moving soon anyway, so I didn't need none of that business. This doesn't say
         anything about the company though, they can't be responsible for all of their employees. As for
         my thoughts on Forever 21 as a whole...well you'll just have to wait for that article!
      + I moved! 
         Jack (my husband) got accepted into graduate school in Seattle, so we packed up all of our shit
         and drove across the country!
      + Got a new job! 
         Within the first week of moving to Seattle, I was offered a job as a stylist at an amazing
         company I'd never heard of before, Evereve (formerly Hot Mama). Turns out, I'm not the best at
         sales - I guess no big surprise there - but luckily I work with an amazing manager who saw my
         potential as a merchandiser, which is my current job.

All in all, my days are largely empty - I need a second job because Seattle isn't a cheap place, but I've been putting off searching for one because I'm lazy and sometimes having so little to do and so many bills just gets kind of depressing. Hopefully I'll fix that soon though. In the mean time, I need to jump back on this blog! I want to stretch my wings as a stylist, as a designer, and just in the fashion world in general! Please enjoy if you like, or consider if you wish, my journey towards fashion enlightenment! :P

+ Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment