Friday, February 21, 2014

New job - new schedule.

So I just found out the other day that I was hired as a sales associate at Forever 21. Yay! But now this poses a new challenge for me: how to maintain my particular style within the confines of the work clothing guidelines.

I mean, I guess this is to be expected; of course when you work in a store there are certain things that aren't ok to wear, but it was actually a bit more restrictive than I expected.

I cannot:
Wear shorts that are shorter than 4 inches above my knee. 
(so all trendy shorts)
Wear skirts that are shorter than 4 inches above the knee. 
(all my skirts and dresses anyway)
Show tattoos larger than a quarter.
 (crap - there go my arms)
Wear plain shirts by themselves.
 (no boring simple outfits)
Have more than 2 piercings per ear.
(what will I do with that third on the left side??)
Show any sort of bra/excessive skin on the top half. 
(and there go all the cropped shirts and tanks)

So basically I need to make an outfit that suits my style that looks somewhat professional (cry) and consists of pants, long sleeved shirts, and jackets/cardigans. There goes my whole closet.

However! I choose to make this into a challenge. Is it possible to dress like a trendy punk in a modest, professional way? We'll find out!

In the mean time though, I'm wearing all the scandalous items of clothing when not at work. 

Check out the leg action on this OOTD.












You get bonus face photos!

Yeah so this is just a super casual outfit which I wore to go shopping for modest working clothes in. Nothing special, but I liked it. Super comfortable too.

In any case, my first day of work is on Monday - hopefully I have time to take OOTD photos and you can enjoy my daily struggle lol.

Love and kittens,
~Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment