Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Job Apps and Sewing!

Hello all!


So as I said, I've been applying to jobs. It seems really endless right now because every week goes something like:
-apply to job
-wait for reply
-cry
-apply again
-repeat forever.

This is my excuse for not having posted lately. Sorry about that!

I've also been busy starting on my very first order ever!! Yay!



Step 1 to creating a nice dress: wash the fabric and then iron the fabric to make sure the fold is easily accessible. This is important to prevent shrinkage post completion and to make cutting the pattern easier.


Step 2 to making a nice dress would of course be cutting the pattern. This takes the longest in my experience - especially if it's a new pattern. Luckily for me this is my second go at this particular dress so it went rather smoothly.

I'm actually more done than this right now but I don't have photo proof. 
Maybe if I'm lucky I'll have a complete dress to post here tomorrow??

In addition to all of that sewing going on - I did finally do a new ootd!

As seen on Lookbook:



The shoot in it's entirety:




















Hey look! I threw some bonus cats in there for you guys!
Yes this is my house.
Yes these are my cats.
I don't wander around in random people's back yards looking for strange new cats...geez.
>.>

Also for your viewing pleasure, my makeup of the day 
(since the photo shoot did a terrible job of showing it off):


For the record: this is my NYX runway collection thing that I always seem to do on days when I want to look approachable, Maybelline eyeliner, Maybelline lipstick in Desert Cherry and some kind of mascara...lol.

In other news this is what has been going on with my life:


Lots of playing board games with friends. As a result of this we now have a new board game in the works!


Also this happened.
Taxidermy turkey arrived at the house - hilarity ensued.
FYI live animals are *not* fans of taxidermy.

Love and kittens,
~Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment